Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Kiss Top Coat Trio

I had a horrifying top coat incident a few weeks ago.  I grabbed a bottle that I hadn't used for awhile and put it on my nails, only to find out that it was old, gloppy, and turned parts of my teal polish yellow.  I finally took the time to go shopping for a new one and my significant other said "Hey, give this a shot!"



The brand is called Kiss.  In all honesty, I hadn't heard of it until I got this set.  The package comes with three .20 fl oz bottles of gloss, which is used to "complete your manicure with a perfect, high gloss finish," shimmer, which "[adds] sparkle and a show-stopping shimmer to any polish, and matte, which "instantly transforms nail color to matte."

I decided to use two coats of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Lively Lilac as a reference for this.  Admittedly, as I was putting it on, I remembered that the polish has a very subtle shimmer to it.  Thankfully, it didn't appear to jeopardize the effects too much.


Lively Lilac sans any top coat is my pinky, top coat is my ring finger, shimmer is my middle finger, and matte is my pointer finger.  The matte is quite effective, even though I do wish it was a little more matte of a finish.  The shimmer was cute, but difficult to capture on film.  I would also like to note that the shimmer has a bit of an orange/red hue to it, which will most likely limit the polishes you'll be able to use with it.  The top coat is a pretty standard top coat that shines well enough in questionable bathroom light.

Overall, none of these coats are particularly life altering, but it's still nice to be able to get all these options in a set.  It really does allow you to wear any polish you'd like three different ways.  The set goes for $6.97 at a bunch of places.  I got my set from Stop N Shop.  So if you're interested in getting some cheap top coat options, definitely consider it.

What brand of top coat do you enjoy?



No comments:

Post a Comment