Sunday, October 6, 2013

Ulta Haul 10/6/13

Hello, all!  Student teaching has rendered me incapable of giving this blog as much attention as it deserves, but here's my haul I just got from Ulta:  Preparing for Comic Con edition.
 photo e900f2cb-b504-4cab-91ee-787cc9cf895f.jpg
For those of you who aren't aware, I'm going to New York Comic Con!  I'm cosplaying as Kyoko Sakura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica and a punk-inspired Captain Marvel.  For cap, I plan on wearing a cute cat eye, and needed liquid eyeliner to do so.  I also got some lip primer for my cute red lipstick and eyeshadow primer for both cosplays.

Here's a breakdown of what I got:

L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black ($8.99)  I'm def going to have to practice a few times with this brush.  Apparently it really is made for cat eyed looks, which is what I'm using it for.  The brush does make me pretty nervous.

Rimmel London Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer ($1.29)  A major reason why I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow is because it creases on me so quickly.  Apparently, this isn't the best, but it was dirt cheap and I knew I was going to have to spend a bit on lip primer, so this will due until I can afford more pricey, effective stuff.

Too Faced Lip Insurance ($19.00)  This was the purchase I knew was going to set me back a little.  Apparently no drug store brands really make a lip primer unless it's coupled with a lip color, like some brands.  I knew this was probably going to happen, so I just kind of took a deep breath and paid.  I'm just tired of wearing matte lipstick and having my lips get weird and peely over it.

China Glaze Ghoulish Glow ($7.50)  I really wasn't in desperate need for any of China Glaze's Monster Ball collection, but I WAS in need of glow in the dark polish.

OPI You're Such a Budapest ($9.00)  OPI was having a "buy two get a top/base coat free" sale.  Naturally, I couldn't resist.  Also THIS COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL.  A light lavender color with a subtle shimmer.  I look forward to swatching it.

OPI Alcatraz... Rocks ($9.00)  One of the crowning jewels of OPI's San Francisco collection.  There were so few bottles from this collection left that I was very excited to be able to get a hold of it (there were two of three bottles hiding in the main OPI display, but they were absolutely gone in the SF collection stand).

OPI Top Coat (FREE, usually $9.00)  I hate buying top coat myself, so having it come with a purpose is very exciting!  Especially because my other bottle got really gummy and awful on me (not my Kiss USA ones, but a different bottle).
So... quite a bit of purchases.  But seeing as though I have to look my best for Comic Con, I don't mind.  I was also able to get three nail polishes I've really wanted for awhile.  I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment