Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic


Iiiiiii hecked up on my last run to Ulta.

I went to the display with Revlon's new Matte Balms and accidentally grabbed one of their older lip stains.  While I was somewhat disappointed with my blunder, I decided that I was due for a product like this.  Most of the lip stuff I own is purchased after I ask myself two questions ("Is it cool-toned?" "Is it obnoxiously bright?").  Having a subtler product like a lip stain is probably a pretty good idea.

The first thing I noticed about this was the packaging, which was both good and bad.  I love chubby sticks a whole lot and I will always be a lot more interested in a product if it's packaged as such.  However, I noticed that the twist part shakes around and makes a clicking noise of sorts that always makes me nervous.  It appears that the balm itself is untouched by this, so it's probably nothing to worry about.


Upon opening it, I noticed that it faintly smelled of peppermint oil.  I'm a huge fan of the scent and would have even liked it being a little stronger.  However, I know not everyone feels that way.  The scent remains on your lips for a short period of time when you put it on, however, it does fade away fairly quickly.

The color of the balm is kind of difficult to judge when you're in the store.  There isn't really a window to really look at it and decide what you got (which is kind of nice, considering that it's wrapped up and ensures nobody gets into your stuff before you purchase it).  I assumed that it was a matte balm that I didn't see swatched yet, so I went "WELP, LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS" (don't be like me, please, it was a foolish mistake).



I wish there was a way to make swatches of just one product look less... like this.  Anyway, swatching this was fairly easy.  I was a little nervous, because it felt pretty waxy when I put on one layer of it, but it was super buildable and wasn't anywhere near as stiff-feeling as it did after the initial swipe.  However, I noticed that the color when I put it on my lip initially changed as it dried.  It became a somewhat orangey color, which wasn't entirely great for me.  That's kind of a color that I avoid aaaaaa.  It also seemed to dislike filling in evenly toward the inside of my lip, which is a little noticeable in the picture I took.  It's not the end of the world and I get it's supposed to be sheer, but it's definitely something to think about.

Also, in terms of the stain... it didn't really do too much for me?  I mean, it did turn it somewhat red, but I think my lips are pretty pigmented from the start, so maybe this wasn't the absolutely perfect fit for me and my lip lifestyle.

Overall, I'm okay with the product.  Considering I ended up with something that was definitely not what I went into get, I ended up doing all right.  I don't think I'm going to get anymore balm stains, because I'm a pissbaby that prefers things that are louder, but I'm happy they exist for anyone that's into this type of stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment