Monday, November 25, 2013

Zoya Giovanna

Did you know that trying to run a beauty blog while student teaching is really, really hard?  Luckily, I have made the decision to just swatch as much as I can today, because I have a nice short week coming up thanks to Thanksgiving.

Last week I went to Ulta and saw that their Zoya polish was on sale at buy two, get one free.  While I've been very curious to check out Zoya's polish selection prior, I've really only ever owned one other polish by them, which is Goldie.  

Zoya describes the color as "emerald metallic green," and I absolutely agree.  the color really stands out in the bottle, which automatically grabbed my attention when I was looking around.

Putting it on was fairly easy.  I've found Zoya polishes to be rather thin, but not to a point that it's infuriating.  The finish of the polish is absolutely beautiful, as well.  It seems to actually glow when I'm looking at it on my nails.  To prove my point, I took a picture in the sunlight:


My only real gripe with the nail polish is that the wear time seems to be pretty pathetic.  I'm already seeing tip wear on my thumbs and I put it on yesterday, even though I have a base coat and a top coat.  However, I do think that the color is absolutely gorgeous.  It's also worth noting that their formula is probably the most pleasant-smelling polish I've used.  

The polish itself goes for $8 a bottle and is available on their website or at Ulta.  I plan on swatching the other nail polishes I got, Sailor and Tinsley, shortly.

How do you feel about Zoya polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment