Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Banished lip gloss by Geek Chic Cosmetics

(please thank Lily, my model for today)

Hello, everyone!  I'm sorry I haven't put up a review in awhile.  Real life has been kind of awful.  But I wanted to take advantage of this day off to review something!

A few weeks ago Geek Chic Cosmetics had their Reckoning sale, which meant that they were retiring several of their collections.  When I realized a lipstick I wanted was already sold out, I decided to comb through their lip collection and choose something else.  Thankfully, I found Banished, which was priced at $4.99 in the store.


Banished is based off of My Little Pony:  Friendship is Magic and the plot associated with Nightmare Moon (who, you guessed it, gets banished).  The lip gloss itself is described as an "inky, nearly opaque deep indigo lip gloss."  I would absolutely agree with this description.  It's so inky it actually stained my arm after I tried to was the swatch off of it!  There's a purple shimmer in it that's really pretty and only adds to the darkness of it all.

I opted to layer it over black lipstick (Black from Fantasy Makers, because it was what I had) and it took on a very cool, almost metallic look to it.  It's not sticky, super comfortable to wear, and comes in an actually pleasant buttercream scent that I don't mind smelling!



In terms of critiques with this product, I only really have to say that I am not a big fan of lip gloss that comes in a twist top like this.  I'm horrible at getting it to work and I almost ended up with an explosion.  I'm all about the doe foot application, what can I say?  Also, because it's a gloss, this won't have the staying power some lip products may have.  Other than that, I was very happy with the product and look forward to getting other things from them soon.

Other things worth nothing:  their service is super sweet.  They were backed up due to the clearance sale and were extremely communicative about what happened.  They even wrote a handwritten thank you on the bill!  They also are vegan and cruelty free (and gluten free?!), so if you are worried about any of those things, here's a cheap makeup brand you can get interested in.

What do you think of Geek Chic Cosmetics?  Is this a brand you want to check out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment