Friday, November 29, 2013

November Favorites

I hope everyone is having a decent Black Friday full of sales!  Today I figured I should touch upon some of my favorite products this month.

This month has been somewhat turbulent for me.  I moved into a new apartment and had some issues relating to subletters at my old place.  However, I'm hoping that December will be much better, especially because my student teaching will be wrapping up, the holidays, and my birthday are taking place!  Thankfully, makeup has been something that has gone pretty well for me.  Let's give them a chance to shine.

1.  e.l.f. Power Brush [link] $3.00
I'm fairly new to the makeup game.  Because of this and a small budget, I'm somewhat apprehensive to dabble in expensive brushes.  After reading reviews about elf's brushes, I decided that they were cost effective enough to buy.  Thankfully, the foundation brush is very effective!  It works for both liquid and powder foundation.  The flat top of it really works in getting everything on smoothly.  I strongly recommend picking one up!

2.  L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer in Light/Medium [link] $8.95
My skin tone is pretty stubborn.  I'm fairly light, because I don't go out in the sun like... ever, but I still have a very Mediterranean undertone.  So finding a concealer that would work for me was somewhat frustrating.  Thankfully, I found L'Oreals when I was trying to find a concealer for cosplay purposes.  Now I use it fairly frequently, because it actually makes the bags under my eyes go away!  I want to explore other concealer options, but I'm pretty happy with my purchase and will continue to use it.

3.  Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Maverick [link] $18.00
I got a deluxe sample of this product with my Sephora purchase a little more than a week ago.  I've already made a decent dent in it, because I might have found a "My Lips But Better" shade!  And this is coming from someone who isn't really into nude shades.  It's referred to as "a rosewood shimmer shade" and has a minty tingle to it.  It's not for everyone, but it's certainly something that works for me.

4.  Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eyeshadow Duos in Grey Matters [link] $4.50
I rule with a cool toned fist.  Maybelline helps make this possible.  This duo has become a staple of sorts in terms of my eye shadow wear.  I really, truly love it.  I usually put the lighter one over the base of my eye and then use the darker one for the crease and it creates a pretty complex color that is apparent through my thick glasses.  It's certainly worth checking out.

What are some of your favorites for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment